Recover Mailboxes with Exchange 2003 Recovery Storage Groups:
With the help of Recovery Storage Groups users are able to recover mailbox database of Exchange server 2003. In the older versions of Exchange server like 2003 and 5.0 or 1.0 etc there must be separate configuration of Microsoft Active Directory service on a recovery server. In the Exchange server 2003 there is no need of separate recovery system in most of the time to recover data from mailbox store database. To merge Exchange mailbox data from the recovered databases in the Recovery Storage Group to a mailbox data in a regular Group, the use of Exmerge.exe is helpful.
If Exchange user wants to use Recovery Storage Group, then Active Directory Topology of the Exchange server 2003 should be on the same state when the mailbox data has copied. It implies that the mailboxes that user want to recover must not be deleted or transferred to different database or to a different server. Restore Exchange 2003 mailbox Recovery Storage Group process will really help users to restore mailbox database very easily.
The Given Below are the Steps to Recover Mailboxes with the RSG.
- RSG (Recovery Storage Group) is not a part of Exchange 2003 installation, so user need to create it in the Exchange System Manager.
- In the ESM (Exchange System Manager) expand the Administrative Groups on left panel then click on First Administrative Groups then Servers.
- After that right click on the Server, then select new » Recovery Storage Group. Then click on Ok button.
- Now RSG has been created under the server objects, then user can add the mailbox store, whichever mailbox data is required to recover.
- To add mailbox data, right click on the RSG then select Add Databases to RSG then click on the mailbox store which has to be recovered. Click on OK then Databases tab.
- Then select the location to restore the mailbox database. (Default is C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Recovery Storage Group).
- When user has been selected the mailbox store then click on the Start Restore, then mention the name of the Exchange server and location for the log and patch files and then click on Ok button.
- When mailbox data has been restored then we move it to the production mailbox store with the help of Exmerge Utility.
Note: If user want to recover mailbox database without creating RSG then it's not possible to recover mailbox store with the above mentioned steps. The solution to recover mailboxes of Exchange server without RSG is to follow external tool i.e. Exchange Recovery Software.
The Perfect Solution – Exchange 2003 Recovery Tool:
After corruption or server errors Exchange users are required to restore Mailbox Exchange Server 2003 as soon as possible. The Exchange 2003 recovery tool creates separate PST file of different users. Other features of the tool are discussed below:
- Application recovers single as well as multiple mailbox data items like emails, contacts, tasks, calendars, notes, to-do lists, journals etc to new/healthy Exchange server.
- Tool also converts Exchange EDB files such as pub1.edb, pub.stm, priv1.edb or priv.stm etc into Outlook PST file format very smoothly without making any changes to original file data.
- It allows user to retrieve email from Exchange server 2000, 2003, 2007 & 2010 etc with the attachments such as images, audio or video clips or other documents and supports RTF, HTML or Text email type formats.
- The tool can also recover EDB files those are encrypted or password protected in a smooth way. It can recover unlimited data like up to Terabytes which is not possible with the RSG which recover data only up to 16 GB.
Download & Buy Exchange Server Recovery Software
Our best Exchange recovery utility helps you to recover, repair and convert EDB to PST. A demo version of the Exchange data recovery software is available at free of cost. If user are further interested to purchase full version of the software then they will has to pay only $299.